[Differential] [Request, 66 lines] D4838: [Notifications] Add context menu for thumbnail

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 28 11:04:29 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Since it represents a file, right clicking it should provide similar options found in a file manager.
  This allows to open the application with an application other than the default, e.g. if you want to edit the screenshot right away. It also offers service actions, such as send as email.

TEST PLAN
  Took a screenshot, right clicked it, "Open Containing Folder" opened the parent folder of the screenshot.
  Open With also works.

  I didn't add the plugin actions, which are "Compress" and "Link to activity" here which don't work in this context but I think KDE Connect is also a plugin action, so we probably should still add them? It would only be a `addPluginActionsTo(menu)` call.

  The notification times out independently of the menu because we technically leave the popup with our cursor and it would be quite complex to fix that. I did verify that when the popup closes the entries in the context menu still work.

  F2664593: Screenshot_20170228_114914.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F2664593>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/ThumbnailStrip.qml
  applets/notifications/plugin/CMakeLists.txt
  applets/notifications/plugin/thumbnailer.cpp
  applets/notifications/plugin/thumbnailer.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES