[Differential] [Commented On] D4792: [Kicker] Property for hiding app categories in RootModel

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 27 10:57:28 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4792#90384, @hein wrote:

  > I'm not sure I like it. Maybe it's better to expose more of the individual models in the plugin so you can instanciate them directly?

  Well, you can already use most of the indivdiual models, for example the recently used documents and apps by using `Kicker.RecentUsageModel {}`. This is more a convenient access to have the same structure as for main model, which simplifies the QML part.

  For example in my case: I want to show the list of program categories, which switches to a list "Recent Applications, Recent Documents" on user request. Using RecentUsageModel is difficult in this case, because it doesn't have group entrys like the RootModel. The best way would be of course to make the RootModel as a somewhat abstract class at the top and let the developer using Kicker interfaces decide which submodels (AppsModel with/without categories, RecentUsageModel Docs/Apps, ...) he wants to add by setting the QML properties (for most of the submodels it's already working this way).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES