[Differential] [Request, 32 lines] D4792: [Kicker] Property for hiding app categories in RootModel

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 25 20:16:30 UTC 2017

subdiff created this revision.
subdiff added a project: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  With RootModel it is possible to represent pretty much any combination of other Kicker models. What's not yet possible is to show for example exclusively "All Applications" together with "Recent Applications", but without the app categories (Developement, Education, etc.).

  This small patch makes it possible to hide app categories by setting the property showAppCategories (defaults to true), which is also exported to QML. The main downside is, that we still query all application entries, even if we don't want to show them. But only doing that and afterwards removing them makes the code change trivial. Otherwise we would need to introduce a new class, which doesn't inherit from AppsModel, but the other way around.

TEST PLAN
  Tested all relevant combinations in my WIP fork of SimpleMenu.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/kicker/plugin/rootmodel.cpp