[Differential] [Accepted] D4491: Let make taskmanager tooltip readable again

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 24 10:50:41 UTC 2017

subdiff accepted this revision.
subdiff added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ToolTipInstance.qml:108
>                  height: undefined
> +                maximumLineCount: 2
>                  elide: Text.ElideRight

Because of this the tooltips aren't the same height when one of them has a too long window title. On the other hand @broulik noted that sometimes for him important informations were lost when the window title was shortened to only one line. So the 2 still makes sense.

Another option would be to use 1 and Text.ElideMiddle, so you are potentially presented different informations about the window title than in the taskmanager itself.

Because I was very keen on having same dimensions for every tooltip when redesigning them, I would favor the second option. But it's up to you.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES