Working on improvements to QuickShare

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:57:23 UTC 2017

> FWIW, I have a bit of a todo list here, we can discuss things WRT the
> plasmoid if you want.

Sounds great! I'm all ears :)

How about implementing smarter sorting and keyboard support?
> I'm not fond of "Remember" options because they add complexity and
> make it hard to get back to the original state.

Hmm, perhaps could try and see how it feels. I just miss being able to
drag+drop -> paste url. Also, at least for now, I feel like the other
purpose options are not very useful in the sense that, for stuff like send
to and save as, chances are one won't normally think to use the QuickShare
plasmoid, and if the primary purpose in their mind for the plasmoid is
pastebin/imagebin-ing, then the other options may come across as clutter if
one has to see and handle them over and over. At least that's what I think.

That's already implemented.
> Note there's a "Remember" option in the last step.

Ah, you're right, now that I've tested it again it works. Not sure why it
seemed not to work the first time. Maybe it makes sense to just make this
the default behavior? Since I can't think of a use case where someone would
not copy the result url.

> Aleix

----
Lim Yuen Hoe, Jason (moofang)