[Differential] [Request, 41 lines] D4753: [kcheckpass] Drop the throttle handling code

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 24 06:00:04 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Kcheckpass has code to throttle the invocation to prevent brute force
  attack. This code has been broken for years and is never executed.

  The condition to go into the throttle path is if the effective uid
  doesn't match the uid, that is kcheckpass is a setuid application.
  But for a few years now kcheckpass is no longer a setuid (at least
  when built with PAM).

  Given that I don't think it makes sense to still have this code
  around. We don't know whether it works and kcheckpass is only to be
  invoked from kscreenlocker_greet anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

BRANCH
  kcheckpass-no-throttle