[Differential] [Commented On] D4736: Port: Expose port availability to QML

David Rosca noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 23 12:10:52 UTC 2017

drosca added a comment.

  >   What do I need to add in this file to make the comparision with "Port.Available" instead?

  You probably forgot import org.kde.plasma.private.volume.

  > We now know which ports of which sink are currently connected, right? When I take a look at my audio sink directly on the mainboard, it has one port at the back (lineout) and one at the front (headphones). I can switch between them in the KCM, which only changes the volume, but not the direction. I.e. when I have connected headphones I cannot change here to the port on the back, the sound will still come via the front port and the back port is marked as not available. When I manually disconnect the headphone, it switches to the back again. So is there a way to change this behaviour?

  You can probably change it, but only in pulseaudio configuration (most likely changing some modules properties or loading/unlading modules). You can't do that with plasma-pa.

  > To know if a device is currently "connected", we would need to loop over all its port and check if atleast one of them is connected, right? But what about the "State" property of a sink? It seems to also indicate, if the device is currently used. Should we use this one instead?

  Correct, it indicates if you have "jack" connected in port. `State` property of Device is different thing, it indicates whether the device is currently playing any audio (if it has some streams, if the streams are currently playing or not).

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

BRANCH
  master