[Maniphest] [Commented On] T5412: Improve Plasma PA usability

David Rosca noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 23 09:03:14 UTC 2017

drosca added a comment.

  > Are there only few available description provided by PA? I.e. is it for video outputs always "HDMI / Displayport (...)"? In this case we could do some regex in order to replace the long strings by something shorter at least.

  You can see what properties are available from pa for devices (`pactl list sinks` or `sources`) and streams (`pactl list sink-inputs` or `source-outputs`).

  > Does this mean that for example from my one dozen profiles for my HDMI connector only the ones are shown, which also play audio?

  No, it means that only the ones that are connected will be displayed. Eg. if you have 6 HDMI outputs and you see profiles for all of those in KCM, but you have only one HDMI port actually connected to monitor/TV - so only this connected port should be displayed in available profiles.

  > Imo put them at the end of the list and add a third heading besides "Playback Devices" and "Capture Devices", which reads "Unplugged Devices" or something like this. Maybe make this also clickable to only list its content below it after clicking in contrast to the other categories.

  No, we shouldn't do this. You shouldn't choose HDMI profile for your card if you don't want to use it (and see it in Devices tab). It's not like the devices appear randomly, you need to choose the according profile for your card first.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T5412

EMAIL PREFERENCES