[Maniphest] [Commented On] T5412: Improve Plasma PA usability

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 19 15:50:32 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  > Device icons are ambiguous or wrong:

  > Default to not change streams on newly connected inputs/outputs is maybe not the right default.

  Definitely. We have this option now but for some reason we didn't make it the default. When I plug in my TV I want everything to go via HDMI. Period. KScreen does a phenomenal job nowadays to remember and/or choose sane defaults but then you end up having to mess with sound settings anyway.

  > There are currently two KCMs,

  The Phonon KCM should die imho. We need to bring over the test sound feature and then it can go for good.

  A couple of observations/suggestions I may add:

  - The Applications tab in the plasmoid does not have a "There's nothing playing right now" indicator, leaving to an empty page
  - The "Notification Sounds" pseudo-stream does not show up in the applet
  - The applet should remember last used page (e.g. there are people that prefer having the Applications tab by default but on Plasma restart this is reset)
  - While I appreciate the drag and drop to move between streams feature, I still find myself trying to use a non-existent context menu for that

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T5412

EMAIL PREFERENCES