[Differential] [Request, 3 lines] D4667: [applet] Let specify a version for applets private plugins

Anthony Fieroni noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 19 07:43:37 UTC 2017

anthonyfieroni created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is an attempt to start versioning plrivate applet plugins, as a beginning i provide only one example if it's accepted i'll provide for others too. We use a leaf classes in private plugins since we not expose this abi to others, but consider long-running application, like plasmashell, is attempt to be update to newer version e.g. 5.9.2 to 5.9.3 and we not provide any abi compability from 5.9.2 to 5.9.3 for those leaf classes. Package manager updates these shared libs and reload ld caches, so depending on abi breakage this will cause a crash in running plasmashell cause nmapped shared libraries will be updated (this is from my Linux knowledge and researching ldconfig -v -n as use for updating ld.so.cache). We don't have such a problems with applications cause they depends on frameworks who have strict abi compliance.
  My mind thoughts can be completely in wrong direction, you can provide better explanation :)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/taskmanager/CMakeLists.txt