[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D4644: Find minimum required Breeze version instead of current version

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 17 06:13:09 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far KWin put a version requirement on Breeze which is the current
  version number of KWin. This is technically correct, but distributions
  seem to have problems with it. E.g. I noticed twice in Debian testing
  that kwin defaults to Plastik which happens when Breeze is not found.
  I reported it, it got fixed, now it's again broken.

  Thus I think that distributions have problems with the requirement of
  building Breeze prior to KWin. As KWin does not depend on the minor
  version, let's depend only on the actual required version, which is
  5.8 in the 5.8 branch, 5.9 in the 5.9 branch and master.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  breeze-find-minimum-version