[Differential] [Request, 10 lines] D4632: [Notifications] Never manually hide() the NotificationPopup

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 16 14:44:11 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R120 Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Otherwise the positioner will get completely confused.
  When a notification is closed, the popup will already be closed in response to sourceRemoved.
  Also, when triggering an action, call closePopup instead of hiding the popup.

  (cherry picked from commit https://phabricator.kde.org/R120:b97fdfa293dd4de59046c19f08aa6a3b940a790c)

TEST PLAN
  This is a backport of a patch I made for 5.9 originally and I have never seen notifications being positioned in the wrong way (too far from the panel) ever since. Now that 5.9 is out for a while and we haven't had any complains as far as I can tell, I consider this patch to be safe to 5.8.

  Without the patch, clicking an action in a notification usually proved enough to get the positioner confused.

  (The only difference in this patch to the 5.9 one is that the onOpenUrl part is missing since that is a 5.9 addition)

  - Clicking actions on notification still works
  - Closing a notification (both X and clicking the popup, as we had in 5.8) works
  - Configure button also works

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/NotificationPopup.qml
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/Notifications.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES