Resigning Plasma Notifications Maintainership

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Feb 14 11:36:12 UTC 2017

(Re-sent, sorry BlackBerry Hub keeps insisting to send stupid html emails)

‎Hi all,

in July I took over maintainership of Plasma Notifications from Martin Klapetek and slowly started revamping them to be suited for the current decade, adding productivity features, making them more usable for enterprises, etc. My personal highlight is the draggable previews feature I added, it makes sharing screenshots so much easier.

That being said, there have been quite a few changes to the notification applet and dataengine recently, that went in without me knowing (and I usually do read commit emails on mailing lists), some even without review, or pushed in before I even saw the Phabricator Differential. Some of them even broke things badly, some were even released to the public in that state.

There's no point in me being the maintainer if I'm not consulted. I'll still do the occasional bugfixing there as part of my overall Plasma work but don't expect any groundbreaking new features [1], I'm tired of constantly having to clean up the already delicate codebase.

Cheers,
Kai Uwe

[1] https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Notifications