[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D4600: TaskManager: add icon to cache after painfully querying it over XCB/NETWM.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 13 18:14:25 UTC 2017

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added a reviewer: hein.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Hitting again a bug where switching desktops shows a delay of several seconds
  before the taskbar updates, I noticed that this code path was called 81
  times in 7 seconds (!) for kmail (maybe because I start it from cmdline
  rather than via a .desktop file).

  After the 4 slow calls to KWindowSystem::icon it seems definitely worth
  it to cache the result.

  Overall the main performance bug is still there though, switching
  desktops is still slow, but now all backtraces show QML triggered
  by model/view dataChanged signals, no idea yet, other than hoping
  for the pending QSFPM patches to help with this (no need to re-sort
  when the dataChanged roles are unrelated to the roles used for sorting).

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.9