[Differential] [Request, 7 lines] D4590: [PanelView] Don't emit availableScreenRegionChanged just because we set a new length

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 12 22:17:44 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R120 Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The panel length might not actually change depending on minimum and maximum size constraints.

TEST PLAN
  While messing with the dekstop containment layouting mechanism I found that it would re-layout sometimes without obvious reason; closing some applet popups (e.g. kickoff) would cause a re-evaluation of the preferredWidth of the panel which eventually would end up calling setLength with a slightly different size causing us to emit this signal.

  Not completely sure why that is, perhaps some Layout weirdness but in any case this is an optimization that makes sens imho.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  shell/panelview.cpp