[Differential] [Commented On] D4551: Display speeds in bits per second instead of KiB/s

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 10 16:58:20 UTC 2017

Zren added a comment.

  Ah, just noticed the title (bytes => bits), and I agree it should remain bytes, or at least be optional.

  > I proposed bits per second for network monitor only since users internet speeds are advertised/shown as "Mbps" or "Kbps" or the like.

  Do the math (divide by 8) once when you subscribe. Otherwise you'll need to do the mental arithmetic every time you use the graph. Downloads in your browser are calculated in bytes. File storage and transfers are done in bytes. Bits is only used by ISP sellers because it's bigger and is thus marketed that way.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES