[Differential] [Request, 7 lines] D4492: [KHintsSettings] Emit QGuiApplication::paletteChanged when run as QApplication

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 8 09:05:08 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  QGuiApplication::setPalette and QApplication::setPalette are two distinct static functions and when the paletteChanged signal was introduced in QGuiApplication the latter was never adjusted.
  SystemPalette connects to this signal to avoid installing an eventFilter on qApp for ApplicationPaletteChanged.
  This causes e.g. QML-based System Settings modules to not update when changing color schemes but only the widget-based application around it.

TEST PLAN
  Switching to Breeze Dark look and feel theme now updates the background of the QML parts. There's still some glitches like QQC buttons not repainting properly but at least it's not as embarrassing to look at as it used to be.

  I'm trying to fix this in Qt but until this is in I think this patch is safe either way and will also benefit users of older Qt versions.

  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/181704/

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

AFFECTED FILES
  src/platformtheme/khintssettings.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES