[Differential] [Request, 18 lines] D4470: [User Switcher] Ungrab keyboard before trying to lock the screen

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 7 09:00:21 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, graesslin.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R120 Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Otherwise it fails to lock the screen and since it waits for the lock screen to show up before switching, it never does it.

  BUG: 375941
  FIXED-IN: 5.9.1

TEST PLAN
  I'm not too sure about adding a dedicated "ungrab" signal to the look and feel thing, especially in a patch release, as distros might have their own theme. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve this but this is a quite serious regression.

  We can't just dismiss the dialog before switching because then the QML is destroyed and with it the SessionModel and all of the async stuff never finishes. (we've had this issue before)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  components/sessionsprivate/sessionsmodel.cpp
  components/sessionsprivate/sessionsmodel.h
  ksmserver/switchuserdialog.cpp
  ksmserver/switchuserdialog.h
  lookandfeel/contents/userswitcher/UserSwitcher.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES