[Differential] [Request, 64 lines] D4415: make services disqualification much stricter

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 2 18:06:13 UTC 2017

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: broulik.

REVISION SUMMARY
  after the recent set of changes to disqualification we ended up with a bit
  too lax disqualification. if we saw the exec OR the storageid we'd
  hence forth disqualify a service with either of them being equal.

  in case of system settings this causes a match problem. systemsettings
  has two desktop files one !KDE and one OnlyKDE they are however exactly
  the same except for a different name and storageid. as a result if the !KDE
  one is encountered first it will be disqualified on account of
  noDisplay=true and marked as seen. when the OnlyKDE systemsettings is then
  iterated it will already have the Exec entry in the seen list and be
  disqualified on account of that.

  to prevent this type of confusion make it a requirement to match both
  storageid AND exec before disqualifying.

  it may actually be suitable to drop the exec altogether. say I copy firefox
  into the user local applications dir and set it NoDisplay=true but change
  the exec. this would still lead to the system-wide firefox being found as
  it is not getting disqualified. long story short: maybe we should
  disqualify services solely on the storageid?

TEST PLAN
  - new autotest case
  - fails without changes
  - passes with changes

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.9

AFFECTED FILES
  runners/services/autotests/fixtures/kdesystemsettings.desktop
  runners/services/autotests/fixtures/systemsettings.desktop
  runners/services/autotests/servicerunnertest.cpp
  runners/services/servicerunner.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES