Proposed Plasma 5.10 Kickoff meeting at Affenfels

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 20:51:55 UTC 2017

Am 2017-01-23 17:44, schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
> Am 23. Januar 2017 17:11:50 MEZ schrieb Jonathan Riddell
> <jr at jriddell.org>:
>> At today's meeting we wanted a meeting to kickoff Plasma 5.10 during
>> the Affenfels sprint week, but hold it online so others can join in.
>> How does Monday 6th February at 14:00UTC, 15:00CET suit folks?
>
> In general the earliest I can join is 17:00 CET. Except for Mondays
> which is in general bad for me.
> I don't mind missing part of the discussion, but for anything Wayland
> related it might be good if I'm around.

As it's quite likely that I won't be able to attend the meeting I
prepared a little bit what I planned for 5.10:
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/98/
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/99/

Those two boards (KWin, Plasma-Wayland) have a Plasma 5.10 column where
I added the items I intend to work on.

In general: improving the input stack and trying to get the differences
between X11 and Wayland down. That goes in both directions, getting X11
features implemented (see e.g. all the Keyboard layout changes) on
Wayland and getting X11 to use the newer (and better!) code.

Cheers
Martin