D9549: Horizontally center shadows and make them bigger

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 31 16:29:52 UTC 2017

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9549#184334, @cfeck wrote:

  > I remember the shadows were made thin on the left so that cascading popup menus look smoother.

  Hello christoph,
  Thing is: the same (inverse) argument was used to justify centered shadow: right cascaded windows (in a similar manner as submenus) would not look distinguishible one from the other with the current shadows.
  So that you can't have both, unless you use different shadows for windows and for menus (which I find not so eleguant).

  On top of that, current shadows should be made rtl aware for this to actually work

  Personally I think this is a valid argument, but not a very strong one though.
  Other thoughts welcome.

  Hugo

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze