D9461: Report modes unscaled and geometry scaled

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 21 17:02:55 UTC 2017

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  It currently maps to wl_ouptut. It maps to how Qt does it's DPI painting.

  > Report sizes in Output's modes unscaled - the modes don't change with scaling after

  all

  I agree.
  Yet, your patch does the opposite. It literally scales the mode.

  Same for geometry being "unscaled"

  -------

  Lets avoid the those terms. They're confusing.

  Geometry should be in logical size.
  Mode should be in device size.

  We do have an issue that X and wayland require everything backwards

  On wayland (which is important to test please! )  everything is in logical space. If I have a 2000x2000px montior @2x, the monitor to the right of it has X=1000
  For X we have no knowledge,  we're always in device space, so the second monitor has X=2000

  We have this difference for positioning windows too.

  The only way to keep this sane is to think in terms of logical and device pixels, and make sure abstraction happens in the right place.

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library