D9288: support for defining autostart apps in lnf packages

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 12 18:23:37 UTC 2017

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9288#178638, @mart wrote:

  > we could add a new named file in the lnf package for the latte layout: in what format is it exported?
  >  so lattedock upon startup may go read that file (is already possible for any app to access that package via standard KPackage api and reading the current lnf from kdeglobals, adding a new named file just makes it a bit more official)

  nice! I can play with it with some guidance to test it in order to support it both for 0.7 and master Latte versions if this is possible.
  the layout file is just a text file that ends with **.layout.latte** .
  Inside it looks like just like a plasma's appletsrc file with some extra configgroups that Latte needs.
  The name of the file is also used as a layout name, e.g. **Plasma.layout.latte** means a Latte layout named **Plasma** .

  If you want to take a look of one layout file a small example is: F5543871: Plasma.layout.latte <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5543871>

  Theoretically it should be also possible to download/install from store.kde.org any applets that can be found inside the **layout.latte** file
  and cant be found in the user's environment.
  Just like plasma is doing, I think.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop