D6764: Use a smaller font size for digital clock plasmoid

Diego Gangl noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 11 00:10:02 UTC 2017

januz added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6764#178028, @romangg wrote:

  > Why did you change the 0.56 * main.height value in case a date is shown? Reduces the clock size in two line mode and in this mode it was not too big.

  main.height is relative to the panel size. It was kind of weird that the font size would go from a fixed size to a relative one when enabling dates. I tried to keep it somewhat close to the size of the one line mode, but still legible.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6764#178028, @romangg wrote:

  > Also the clock with height units.iconSizes.small is a bit too small in comparision to the other icons left and right. I don't know why this is (I think there is some automatic spacing in fonts). I would say it is perfect with height units.iconSizes.small + units.smallSpacing.

  Good idea, it's much closer. It's off by a little, probably because of all the hoops needed to calculate the font size and the difference between the x-height and the numbers height in the font itself.

  F5540395: clock.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5540395>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace