Plasma 5.12 LTS release announcement text / feature list

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Thu Dec 7 11:06:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,

please fill in all the awesome work you've been doing for Plasma 5.12's release announcement, beta due 4 January, release 25 January.

https://notes.kde.org/p/plasma_5_12

Since this is an LTS release and our second one after 5.8 we should do a similar "what is Plasma" general announcement like we did before and not only mention what's new from 5.11 but also what people moving from LTS to LTS can expect to get which is a lot.

Having some benchmarks (n% faster, n% less RAM) in there would be lovely given the amount of work has been done there recently. We could ask Phoronix, they know how to benchmark. /s

Thanks
Kai Uwe