D9239: Cleanup color scheme manager part of KCM Deco code

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 7 10:28:17 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: KWin, kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  PreviewCient is internal to the KCM, it's not used by actual decorations
  where we need API compatibility.
  This property is not used by the KCM.

  The current code parses every color scheme config file for every
  decoration. This is one of the big contributing factors to this KCM
  being a bit sluggish.

  It was effectively deprecated in 2015 when a decoration palette was
  introduced. If we wanted to add colorscheme functionality in the KCM,
  we'd use that instead at a previewclient level.

TEST PLAN
  Found this was a problem with hotspot
  Grepped code for usage
  Ran KCM

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  kcmkwin/kwindecoration/declarative-plugin/previewclient.cpp
  kcmkwin/kwindecoration/declarative-plugin/previewclient.h