D9227: [Breeze widget style] Override QLineEditIconButton paint event to force Active icon on press

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 7 10:00:35 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  >   to asign the icon to the clear button

  in principle it affects all action buttons, e.g. the "reveal password" button, it's not limited to the clear icon.

  > Would it not be better to file a bug and send a patch upstream ?

  Probably. I'll look into Qt code. From what I can tell in `QCommonStyle` for `QIcon::Selected` they tint the color slightly blue (with highlight color) whereas for `QIcon::Active` they just don't do anything. Perhaps if I patch it to have it slightly highlight the active icon there (with `HighlightText` instead of `Highlight`?) it'll have some feedback for the button so we can drop the wrong icon usage here.

  Not sure they'll like it, we'll see. In Qt styles there's one "hover" PNG for `standardbutton-closetab-hover-16.png` whereas all others don't have a dedicated graphic. Also, you don't want hover icon states in e.g. Windows 95 style. Or I just dump a patch for removing the wrong usage in `QLineEditIconButton` and hope a good explanation will convince them ;)

  Either way I'll also investigate the `polish()` hack.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze