D9227: [Breeze widget style] Override QLineEditIconButton paint event to force Active icon on press

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 6 15:16:37 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG, hpereiradacosta.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Qt internally uses `QIcon::Selected` for when the action button in a line edit is pressed.
  We use that state for selected menu items rendering the icon inverted. This means that in line edits the icon becomes invisible (white on white) when the button is pressed.
  I adapted the code and intercept its paint event to use `QIcon::Active` instead which makes the icon visible.

TEST PLAN
  Clear button in text fields stays visible and glows while pressed rather than becoming invisible.
  Not pressed
  F5531106: Screenshot_20171206_161516.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5531106>

  Before pressed
  F5531105: Screenshot_20171206_161455.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5531105>