Stopping X11 maintenance after Plasma 5.12

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Dec 5 17:07:43 UTC 2017

On 12/06/2017 01:31 AM, Martin Flöser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is just an early heads-up that I decided to personally stop any
> work related to X11 after Plasma 5.12. That is I will not add any new
> X11 specific code to e.g. KWin and I will not fix any bugs related to
> X11. I'll do that for 5.12, but not for 5.13. KWin itself is something I
> already consider feature frozen for X11, so any changes brought in after
> 5.12 will get an automatic reject by me.

I assume you mean X11-*specific* feature submissions would be
rejected, right? Would features correctly implemented on both
be accepted, or would they have to be Wayland-only at that
point?

I think that policy needs to be made very clear.

Rejecting X11-only/specific feature work after 5.12 sounds
probably fine to me.

> Cheers
> Martin

Cheers,