D8816: Show root items in kicker menu

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 1 14:50:39 UTC 2017

hein requested changes to this revision.
hein added a comment.

  I will push it for you when it's done (you need a developer account to push).

  But actually I thought about it some more and I realized I need to ask you for some changes in the patch. I think there may be some existing users (i.e. UIs) of the model which rely on all top-level items in RootModel being categories with child models. That means we need to implement this in a backwards-compatible way. Can you implement a 'showTopLevelApps' (or any better name you come up with) property in AppsModel , default it to false and only show the items when it's set to true? Then we can patch the Kicker and Kickoff UIs to set it to true, but leave e.g. Application Dashboard unchanged.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop