Plasma Mobile on the Librem 5

Zlatan Todoric zlatan.todoric at puri.sm
Thu Aug 31 10:31:23 UTC 2017

On 08/31/2017 11:21 AM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > On 08/30/2017 03:43 PM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > > I would like that a lot, I think it's a good way forward.
> > > @Zlatan, what do you think?
> > > We would need to have a bit of internal discussion first though, and
> > > maybe need to wait for the campaign to succeed first.
>
> On woensdag 30 augustus 2017 20:22:16 CEST Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> > Absolutely agree, that once we have successful campaign (otherwise we
> > are without device and on ground zero again), we should (and in this
> > case we will) sit down with KDE community and discuss the effort forward
> > in detail as I am also internally proponent of plasma-mobile readiness
> > compare to current GNOME stack.
>
> For technical things, absolutely.
>
> Campaign promotion also is something KDE can help with. I discussed this
> project internally with a few people, and various people in our
> community,
> also in our "marketing and promo department" are enthusiastic to a
> point where
> they'd like to support the campaign by tapping into users dreaming of
> a Free
> device running Plasma Mobile. One idea that floated around was a video
> showing
> some possibilities and ideas.
>
> Something like this should happen together with Purism, though, as
> that would
> strengthen the message, prevent communication problems and make
> expectations
> management easier (we surely don't want to leave backers or other people
> disappointed).
>
> Who should we talk about joint promo with within Purism?

With me is enough, I can add our creative person (Francois) who is doing
promo material (including videos) in Purism if that will help.

I love the idea, so whenever you're (KDE team) are ready, let us know
and we will schedule meeting (I'll see to include CEO in the meeting as
well).

Looking forward to community collaboration and pushing our dream forward
with new and innovative ecosystem \o/

Happy hacking,