start menu icon

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:51:39 UTC 2017

On mercoledì 30 agosto 2017 15:07:26 CEST Franklin Weng wrote:

> *looking at Eike with shining eyes*
> Could you please tell me in more detail about "ship an applet config
> initialization script in look-n-feel package"?  In the package

documentation-wise i fear all there is is:
https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/
PlasmaDesktopScripting#Look_and_Feel_dependent_default_setup_for_applets

but says oretty much all there is to know
you would have in your look and feel a file called
contents/plasmoidsetupscripts/org.kde.plasma.kickoff.js

in that script you can access to a global variable called "applet"
to which you can access and write its configuration like the normal layout.js
script
, you would have something like:

applet.currentConfigGroup = ["General"]
applet.writeConfig("icon", "file:///usr/share/whatever/my/icon/path")
applet.reloadConfig();

--
Marco Martin