Plasma Mobile on the Librem 5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 14:54:06 UTC 2017

On woensdag 30 augustus 2017 16:04:02 CEST Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > - Web browser: we have QtWebengine based Angelfish browser for
> > mobile
>
> Interesting, I didn't know a dedicated browser existed. There is some
> talk about using Firefox here, but I do not know any details on it
> yet.
> In any case, having a browser that is already optimized for mobile is
> great!

A bit of a caveat here: Angelfish is more or less a demo, it has some
shortcuts (for example SSL support is lacking, so it shouldn't be used
seriously at this point). I've written it since I wanted to get
familiar with QtWebEngine mainly, and as demo for Plasma Mobile. It
could be taken to serious levels, but would definitely need some work.
Given the important of a decent browser, Firefox (or something else
entirely) may well be a better option.

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org