D7596: Register objectPath before service

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 29 08:41:32 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When the service is regsitered we want to have all the internal routing
  pre-configured. Otherwise pending calls (such as pending DBus activated
  calls) can be processed before the path is registered and then fail with
  an error that the path does not exist.

  Also remove the fairly redundant check on registerObject. That can return
  false if some object in this process has registered itself on that path; but in that
  case, the very last thing we'd want to do is call unregisterService.

TEST PLAN
  Generated a load of notifications
  Started plasma
  Ouptut showed valid return on GetCapabilities, not an error on missing path

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/notifications/notificationsengine.cpp