D7586: [Folder View] Delay delegate creation until plasmoid expands

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 28 14:46:59 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  In Plasma expanded representation is created only on demand but since Folder View is used as containment and already massively complex, all of this is created right away. To speed up startup, delay setting the model until the applet is expanded.

TEST PLAN
  I have 6 FV applets in my panel set to various locations (Pictures, Trash, Home), my Plasma starts half a second faster after this change.

  The listingCompleted property could be moved into the FolderModel

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/package/contents/ui/FolderView.qml