D7536: Register klipper DBus interface when in non-standalone mode

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 26 17:19:34 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > You cannot clear a clipboard history on X11

  But you can clear klipper's history. As you point out yourself "klipper provides that in the UI." From our POV what does it matter if that's exposed via a button here, or elsewhere. The fact that you could have malware doesn't remove the legit reasons to talk to the clipboard manager you're running.

  I have no idea how Sweeper presents their call to us in their UI - and I don't really care. If they make some outrageous claim about removing any blocking all clipboard loggers, that's clearly on them.

  But clearing isn't the only thing in that interface - for me it's about KPasteTextAction in KConfigWidgets, which replaces the regular paste action with a menu of entries and stuff.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace