D7521: [WIP] make use of foreign protocol

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 25 16:09:11 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in shell_client.cpp:1319
> how could it be done as addtransient/transientfor/settransient are all protected?

what I was thinking of is something like:

  SurfaceInterface *WaylandServer::findForeignForSurface(SurfaceInterface *surface)
  {
      return m_XdgForeign->transientFor(surface);
  }

and here a simple:

  if (!s) {
      s = waylandSurface()->findForeignForSurface(surface());
  }

but I think your question is more about how to do the connect: just make waylandServer forward the signal, so that ShellClient can connect to it.

What I don't want is that the global is passed to ShellClient - we don't do that for any other global in ShellClient. Normally it always goes through WaylandServer. There are very few exceptions to it where a class has direct access to a global.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin