D6047: Support XDG v6

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 25 14:06:38 UTC 2017

graesslin requested changes to this revision.
graesslin added a comment.

  First round of review, client api is done.

INLINE COMMENTS

> registry.h:1275
> +     * @param name The name for the removed interface
> +     * @since 5.25
> +     **/

careful here: the since won't match

> xdgshell.h:95
> +
> +    /*
> +     * Which edge of the anchor should the popup be positioned around

In case you wanted to make those comments doxygen comments: you need to use /** instead of /*

Applies for all comments in this class.

lacking documentation including an @since.

> xdgshell.h:222
>       **/
>      XdgShellPopup *createPopup(Surface *surface, Surface *parentSurface, Seat *seat, quint32 serial, const QPoint &parentPos, QObject *parent = nullptr);

If the comment is deprecated, the method should be deprecated as well. But I disagree on the point of deprecation. It is not deprecated if it's used with xdgShellv5. That should probably just be documented properly.

@since missing

> xdgshell.h:229
> +
> +        /**
> +     * Creates a new XdgShellPopup for the given @p surface on top of @p parentSurface with the given @p positioner.

looks like wrong indentation.

@since missing

> xdgshell.h:302
> +
> +    void setup(zxdg_surface_v6 *xdgsurfacev6, zxdg_toplevel_v6 *toplevel);
> +

missing documentation.

> xdgshell.h:427
>
> +    /*
> +     * Set this surface to have a given maximum size

same as with the other class: that's not a documentation comment.

@since missing

> xdgshell.h:562
> +    /**
> +     *
> +     **/

documentation missing

> xdgshell_p.h:67
> +        Q_UNUSED(parent)
> +        qWarning() << __func__ << " is not supported in this version";
> +        return nullptr;

Please no qWarning. Either qCWarning or not at all.

> xdgshell_v6.cpp:28
> +
> +#include <QDebug>
> +

I don't see any debug messages in this file

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland