D7521: [WIP] make use of foreign protocol

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 24 17:55:21 UTC 2017

graesslin requested changes to this revision.
graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> shell_client.cpp:1319
> +    if (m_XdgForeign) {
> +        s = m_XdgForeign->transientFor(surface());
> +    }

I would delegate this to waylandServer, so that there is no need to pass the foreign global to each ShellClient.

> shell_client.cpp:1403
> +    m_XdgForeign = foreign;
> +    connect(m_XdgForeign, &KWayland::Server::XdgForeignUnstableInterface::transientChanged, this, &ShellClient::setTransient);
> +    setTransient();

This connect could be done in waylandServer then there would not be a reason to have this method at all.

> shell_client.h:129
>      void installServerSideDecoration(KWayland::Server::ServerSideDecorationInterface *decoration);
> +    void installXdgForeignUnstableInterface(KWayland::Server::XdgForeignUnstableInterface *foreign);

Please drop the UnstableInterface.

> shell_client.h:212
>      KWayland::Server::ServerSideDecorationInterface *m_serverDecoration = nullptr;
> +    QPointer<KWayland::Server::XdgForeignUnstableInterface> m_XdgForeign = nullptr;
>      bool m_userNoBorder = false;

No need to explicitly set the QPointer to nullptr.

> wayland_server.cpp:162
> +    client->installXdgForeignUnstableInterface(m_XdgForeign);
>  }

Why is the xdgForeign passed to the client?

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin