D7481: RFC: Batch window changes events on XCB

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 24 11:21:35 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7481#139276, @hein wrote:

  > Sounds good, then we really only care about the title and icon.
  >
  > Let's do the title in KWin, then, AIUI? But we still need this patch for the icon. But we could now limit it to windows that are actually on the fallback path that does anything in response to icon changes. d_ed, could you revise to make this more targeted?

  I just checked KWin source and in the X11 case it might not work as I thought. KWin does not always set the visible name. We could change KWin in that regard, but it only makes sense if libtm ignores the "other" window caption properties. If we do that we might end up breaking libtm in combination with other WMs.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace