D7404: Run the Baloo runner out of process

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 19 13:54:53 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in baloosearchrunner.cpp:51
> Won't we end up restarting this service over and over again whilst typing when Baloo is dlsabled? Not sure how bad that is, though.

If baloo is disabled, but the runner is enabled, yes.

Not a huge issue, not ideal either.

Brainstorming options:

- We just let this tiny app linger doing nothing
- We don't do DBus autostart, but regular session autostart with X-KDE-autostart-condition
- We add some sort of smarter Enabled syntax in the Krunner .desktop file like X-KDE-autostart-condition

(most invasiave, but gives the best UI as we can even hide the option for this entry)

- I could forward AbstractRunner::prepare / teardown (assuming they actually work) Means it'll only happen once per run session.
- I can make DBusRunner catch errors on the call to GetActions() and turn itself off if gets one.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace