D7404: Run the Baloo runner out of process

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 19 09:34:42 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  Cool!

INLINE COMMENTS

> baloosearchrunner.cpp:49
>  {
> +    QApplication app(argc, argv); //KRun needs widgets for some reason..
> +    app.setQuitOnLastWindowClosed(false);

`KRun` may spawn `QMessageBox` and the like (which makes me wonder if we really should make it not desktop settings aware)

> baloosearchrunner.cpp:51
> +    app.setQuitOnLastWindowClosed(false);
> +    app.setDesktopSettingsAware(false);
> +    SearchRunner r;

This is a static and needs to be done before `QApplication` is constructed.

> baloosearchrunner.cpp:68
> +    qDBusRegisterMetaType<RemoteActions>();
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerService("org.kde.baloorunner");
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject("/runner", this);

Maybe we should name it `org.kde.runners.baloo` so if we group it with others in the future?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace