D7398: Don't create QWhatsThis when user presses showContextHelp button

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 18 19:02:33 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I don't know what the idea of entering QWhatsThis mode was, but the code
  is pretty much dead. There is no QWhatsThis window shown as KWin does
  not have any UI or help. The window which eventually gets shown in
  context help is provided by the client application.

  Furthermore KWin never leaves the QWhatsThis mode. At least one code
  path entering in leave is dead in general and one at least on Wayland
  (but probably also on X11 as the window never gets shown).

  The show context help functionality works fine without the QWhatsThis
  handling, so let's remove it.

  I tried to blame what was the idea behind it, but it was unchanged since
  decades and blame ended in a code moving commit.

TEST PLAN
  Used show context help (kcmshell5 --platform xcb kwinoptions)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  drop-whats-this