D7369: [WIP] Wayland foreign protocol

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 17 16:08:45 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> registry.h:938-939
> +
> +    XdgExporterUnstableV1 *createXdgExporterUnstableV1(quint32 name, quint32 version, QObject *parent = nullptr);
> +    XdgImporterUnstableV1 *createXdgImporterUnstableV1(quint32 name, quint32 version, QObject *parent = nullptr);
>      ///@}

The general pattern I used for protocols which might get another revision is to create a "meta" class which hides the UnstableV1 mess. C.f. the PointerConstraints a line above.

> xdgforeign_v1_interface.cpp:163
> +
> +    const QString handle = QUuid::createUuid().toString();
> +

shouldn't we verify that the Uuid is unique? I just checked the docs and don't see a requirement that the created Uuid is unique.

> xdgforeign_v1_interface.h:38
> +
> +class KWAYLANDSERVER_EXPORT XdgForeignUnstableV1Interface : public QObject
> +{

also on the server I tried to hide the unstable mess from the class names. The advantage is that the user does not have to change all it's code to support this. Example is the text input protocol.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland