Implementing a plasma colorscheme generator

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Aug 14 15:25:20 UTC 2017

On zaterdag 5 augustus 2017 17:10:59 CEST Andrew wrote:
> On Friday, August 4, 2017 8:16:57 PM EDT Andrew wrote:

> > > Then maybe you just want to have a specific application that does that
> > > and has an "apply" button on it? Sounds like a random feature to have
> > > in a KCM to me: A button to open an image sounds intricate.
> > >
> > > Aleix
> >
> > Agreed. I guess I'll just make the application callable from the KCM, and
> > have a colorscheme preview and an apply button there.
> Follow up question: should I put my code in the Colors KCM's directory, or
> elsewhere? My idea is to have a button that says "Generate colorscheme from
> Image" in the KCM, which opens a seperate window where you can select an
> image and apply the colorscheme.

I'm wondering if it would be the best option to have a small tool, a binary
exe wich does that, and offer the option in the colors KCM if the tool is
installed (and likewise, perhaps offer the option to adjust color scheme to
the wallpaper from the wallpaper dialog in that case (if we deem that useful),
and in plasma-sdk somehow?

Putting it into a library to have the code shared sounds a bit meh since it's
super specific, the API would have to be stable, and I'm not sure if it's
actually all that useful having a compile time dependency compared to a
runtime dep.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org