D7078: [server] Fix crash when sending selection to a DDI without a DataSource

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 13 08:10:07 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7078#135036, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > So from KWayland Server side we have a selection
  >
  > from KWayland server side we have a Seat:selection, we don't check if that has a DDI::selection
  >
  >  ----
  >
  > If a client had called wl_set_selection(dataDevice, nulltptr)  the server would still have a registered DDI.
  >
  > If the client has called clearSelection to us, I think we should be sending clearSelection to X.

  of course we do that :-)

  Anyway, I would like to move further with that. This is a nullptr access fix which makes sense IMHO. If you think that we should not even send out the DataOffer I think that's a separate thing, which could be done in addition. So my suggestion would be to merge in this crash fix and in addition do the change you suggest.

  Please note that I doubt that your suggestion would help against the crash I fixed here. It fixes the autotest, but the autotest does not 100 % match the crash case we had in KWin. In KWin the crash was caused by an application crashing. When creating the autotest I simplified it to the common pattern. If we go for your change only the test would have to be adjusted to properly cover the situation from KWin.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland