D7255: Remove application directory from QCoreApplication::libraryPaths()

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 11 18:42:16 UTC 2017

fvogt added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7255#134678, @graesslin wrote:

  > Reading through your description I think that KWin must also be affected and many, many more applications. Actually probably everything distributed in the classic "sysadmin style" (to reference a today's blog post). I'm wondering whether it would make sense to have this in either Qt directly (maybe not?) or a wrapper in KCoreAddons which can easily handle situations like run as flatpack where it's not needed or not wanted.
  >
  > Anyway: +1 to the change, that sounds awesome improvement.

  It gets even "better": QQmlEngines have the applicationDirPath set as first(!) entry of the importPathList as well by default, so strace gets spammed with

    [pid 21876] stat("/usr/bin/QtQuick.2.1", 0x7f8faf5a42b0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    [pid 21876] stat("/usr/bin/QtQuick.2", 0x7f8faf5a42b0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    [pid 21876] stat("/usr/bin/QtQuick/Controls.1.0", 0x7f8faf5a42b0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    [pid 21876] stat("/usr/bin/QtQuick.1.0/Controls", 0x7f8faf5a42b0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

  I'll look whether it's possible to override that in a sane place as well.

  I would also like to see this fixed directly in Qt as well, but it's not so easy IMO.
  The default addition of the path to the various path lists is only useful for applications shipped as a single directory,
  not supposed to be installed linux-style. I'm not sure how Qt could distinguish those cases... At least I'm against hardcoding
  blacklisted paths inside Qt.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace