D7078: [server] Fix crash when sending selection to a DDI without a DataSource

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 9 17:57:48 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  > the send_selection spec says we should be passing a null resource if we have no selection, whereas this version creates a data offer with nothing in it.

  But we have a selection, that's the point. We just don't have a datasource on the selection.

  Relevant code in KWin which goes into the code path:

    if (selection) {
                         xclipboard->sendSelection(selection);
                     } else {
                         xclipboard->sendClearSelection();
                     }

  We do check whether we have a selection. So from KWayland Server side we have a selection. If we would not have a Selection it would go into sendClearSelection.

  That we don't send any useful DataOffer doesn't really matter. We also don't check whether the DataSource has any offers.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland