D7188: Use Qt scaling in Plamsa

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 7 14:06:49 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I've done this only when on Wayland because:

  On X, our own scaling to font generally works well.
  There are bugs on older Qt, especially when it comes to fractional
  scaling, and we can't support per screen scales anyway.
  There's advantages to disabling, and (other than small context menu
  icons) few advantages in enabling

  On wayland, it's different. Everything is simpler as all co-ordinates
  are in the same co-ordinate system
  we don't have fractional scaling on the client so don't hit most the
  remaining bugs and
  even if we don't use Qt scaling the compositor will try to scale us
  anyway so we have no choice

TEST PLAN
  Had this for about a week on my laptop.
  Haven't noticed a single problem.