KDE neon LTS value

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Aug 3 12:15:45 UTC 2017

At neon headquarters we're pondering the value of our LTS edition.  We
currently recompile all our packages again for a user-lts edition
which uses Plasma 5.8 LTS.  It also uses Qt 5.7 because Plasma 5.8
doesn't compile with Qt 5.9.  All the other KDE packages are the
latest release.

It gets little testing and little feedback.

Does Plasma team have an opinion on whether it's useful to continue
this?  The alternative is to accept that the Neon model isn't very
suitable for LTS and other projects like Kubuntu or openSUSE handle it
better.

Jonathan